packwiz is a command line tool for creating Minecraft modpacks. Instead of managing JAR files directly, packwiz creates TOML metadata files which can be easily version-controlled and shared with git (see an example pack here). You can then export it to a CurseForge or Modrinth modpack, or use packwiz-installer for an auto-updating MultiMC instance.
packwiz is great for...
- Distributing private modpacks for servers
- Creating modpacks for CurseForge and Modrinth
packwiz is not so great for...
- Managing downloaded mod files (use Curse/GDLauncher or another CLI)
- People who want a GUI (though there are some third-party efforts)
Join my Discord server if you need help here!
- Git-friendly TOML-based metadata format
- MultiMC pack installer/updater, with support for optional mods and fast automatic updates - perfect for servers!
- Pack distribution with HTTP servers, with a built in local server for testing
- Easy installation and updating of multiple mods at once from CurseForge and Modrinth
- Exporting to CurseForge and Modrinth packs
- Importing from CurseForge packs
- Server-only and Client-only mod handling
- Creation of remote file metadata from JAR files for CurseForge mods